Fresh Start Support Services is hiring a new
To provide leadership and vision for the next phase of the ministry.
Fresh Start Support Services is a Christian faith-based organization in St Thomas, Ontario, founded in 1988. We are a not-for-profit and charitable organization, certified by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities, and accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
At this time, the Board of Fresh Start has chosen to pause the residential home program of our ministry. Much has changed since our beginnings and we are using this pause to rethink our delivery of service in alignment with the increasingly complex needs of the community we serve. We are working with community partners and consulting experts in related fields moving forward, with the intention of reopening by Fall of 2018.
The mission of Fresh Start Support Services is two-fold. First, to share Christ's love with pregnant and parenting women in need of support and to partner with them in building hope for their future. Fresh Start Support Services has a residential home with supportive programs and case management for pregnant and parenting moms and their children, as well supportive housing apartments in St. Thomas, Ontario. www.fsms.ca
Our second mission is to share Christ's love by providing oversight and program management at a unique apartment community committed to equipping others seeking to build a better future through intentional relationships. This objective is accomplished through integrated, co-ed, supportive housing apartments located in Aylmer, Ontario. www.familycentralapartments.com
The new Executive Director will be an inspirational and inclusive organizational leader with exceptional communication, public relations and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with change management and have the ability to plan with the Board to create comprehensive programs for the complex needs of our clients. This role includes management of programs, as well as recruiting and coaching staff. The ED will be compassionate towards others and work in collaboration with child welfare and other community partners.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Five years or more ED/leadership or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide professional expertise, guidance and role modelling to staff
- Strategic thinker with experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Able to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the ministry
- Experience in the area of residential services or related social science/health fields
- Experience in working with a non-profit Board of Directors
- Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the organization
- Demonstrates skill in fundraising including grant writing, developing community partnerships, and collaboration with partnering agencies
- Experience with financial management, including budget development
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel, and word processing
- A strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of life
- Agreement with and willingness to uphold the Statement of faith and policies of this Ministry
- Desire and ability to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement and direction for the staff, students and volunteers
- Post secondary education in a related field acceptable to the Board of Directors
Application Deadline - Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 12:00 midnight
Mail your resume and cover letter to
Susan Burke - Board President
Fresh Start Support Services
118 Centre St.,
St. Thomas, ON
Email your resume and cover letter to:
Board President - firstname.lastname@example.org
With FSSS application in the subject line