Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) is a volunteer driven, non-profit, community-based organization serving the six counties surrounding London – Perth, Huron, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford. We are community-inspired and dedicated to positively impacting the lives of individuals and diverse communities living with, at-risk for or affected by HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C (HCV). Our philosophy includes adherence to the Ontario Accord/GIPA (Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV/AIDS), Anti Racism/Anti Oppression, Sex Positivity, Principles of Harm Reduction, Holistic Health and Civil Society.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION AND ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Operations the Finance and Administrative Coordinator will assist with the implementation and ongoing support of RHAC various administrative areas including finance, human resources, development, and operational and information management.
- Prepares, records and processes accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepares, records, and processes cash disbursements for residents of JGH
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements
- Provides other financial support to residents of JGH, including personal budgeting and being a liaison with their income supports
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow projections
- Assists with preparation for annual financial audit
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for RHAC Funders, Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Maintains accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, and investment records with accordance to policy and procedure
- Performs additional duties as directed by the Director of Operations
- Prepares and processes payroll and deduction schedules
- Assists with employee benefits program, including health and time related benefits
- Maintains employee, student and volunteer files with accordance to policy and procedure
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees
Operational and Information Management
- Maintain appropriate records, reports, and files with accordance to policy and procedure
- Assists that contractual requirements are implemented and observed for office maintenance and technology
- Assist with troubleshooting technology, including phone and computer systems
- Assists that contractual requirements are implemented and observed for building and property safety
- Assists with being proactive and reactive to facility repairs & maintenance needs
Position Requirements or Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in office systems or equivalent education and a minimum of three years experience working as within finance and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and experience with Microsoft GP is an asset
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Organized with the ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of various technologies and a willingness to learn
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Positions Screening Report
- An appreciation for and commitment to working in social services and an alignment with the values and principals of Regional HIV/AIDS Connection
Cover letter and résumé may be submitted electronically to email@example.com or
in hard copy to #30-186 King Street, London, ON N6A 1C7.
Application deadline is Friday, June 29 2018 at 5 pm
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build an inclusive
workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the community we live in. To this end, we encourage
applications from persons living with HIV/HCV, members of GLBMSMT2S communities,
individuals from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, members of diverse ethno-cultural
communities, and persons with dis/abilities.
We appreciate all submissions, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
No phone calls please.