Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Will perform a wide range of duties including:
- Prepare campaign literature in consultation with the committee
- Create a contact database
- Interface with 50 churches within Middlesex Presbytery
- Set up presentation meetings with churches and organizations
- Create reports on progress of the campaign
- Track donors and pledges
- Attend (and possibly present) evening presentations
- Answer general phone and email inquiries and direct all inquires to the appropriate Board member, Committee member or volunteer
- Assist Committee Members with planning Special Events, including volunteer engagement
- Manage the social media accounts for the campaign
- With the Campaign Committee Chair, ensure media are engaged when appropriate
- With the Committee Chair, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Committee and the Board
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedure
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in:
- Public speaking, making presentations
- Some knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- Proficiency in the use of: Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, Email
- Social Media: including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Project management skills an asset
- Fundraising software experience an asset
The candidate should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization, especially the Committee Chair and Treasurer.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- A desk, phone and computer may be provided in a church within the city of London.
- Office hours will reflect the office hours of the host church.
- Schedule will be flexible to take into account some evening and weekend meetings such as attending Committee meetings and Church presentations