The Visitor Services Associate is the first point of contact for guests and visitors of the Children’s Museum. Responsible for exceptional customer service from reception to departure, this role ensures all front line activities, such as admission, membership sales, bookings and registrations, are delivered with excellence and efficiency. The person for this role is friendly, enjoys interacting with people, and is also highly organized and able to efficiently multi-task. The successful candidate should exemplify our organizational values: Be Awesome, Stay Curious, Be Helpful, Include Everyone, Have Fun and Dream Big.
Reports to: Director of Visitor Experiences
- Provide and model exceptional customer service to all visitors and guests
- Perform front desk activities, telephone reception, admissions and sales
- Execute accurate cash handling & POS procedures
- Support the sale of memberships
- Coordinate bookings for school programs, group tours, day camps and birthday parties
- Maintain organized front desk filing and data entry
Skills & Requirements:
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- High attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience managing cash, debit and credit card transactions
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities
- Computer proficiency – particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able work evenings, weekends and some weekday shifts (as required)
Education: Post-secondary education and/or related experience in customer service, retail and/or administration.
Hours: Approximately 8-20 hours/week, mainly weekends with flexibility to work weekday shifts
The London Children’s Museum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.