Youth Consultant- Employment
Part-Time (1 year contract)
NEXT WAVE YOUTH CENTRE - STRATHROY
Next Wave Youth Centre, a program of Youth Opportunities Unlimited, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Youth Consultant- Employment, reporting to the Next Wave Youth Centre Team Leader. This position is responsible for providing employment related services that will help youth to develop an individualized employment, training or educational plan. This position will also be responsible for updating internal and provincial data base systems and ensure accurate records are kept. Qualified candidates possess exceptional communication and organization skills, a high degree of initiative, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment and hold values that match our corporate mission, vision and values.
- Provide intake, assessment and case management services for youth experiencing barriers to employment
- Recruit, guide and assist clients to locate potential employment, education or community supports
- Support youth in exploring career paths and effective strategies to enter the labour market
- Develop and maintain an active network of employers that will offer youth job placements and training opportunities; including matching youth with employers and allocating appropriate financial incentives
- Serve as a primary source of information for YOU programs and support connections in the community
- Engage participants and employers, as appropriate, in monitoring, modifying and evaluating placements
- Prepare reports, gather statistical information and conduct training monitors and follow ups
- Completion of post-secondary education at a college or university level in a human/ social services
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with youth, employers and community partners
- Demonstrated understanding of YOU’s blended model of service and the diverse nature of programming
- Knowledge of employment and training programs such as Employment Ontario and Service Canada
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, meeting targets and deadlines
- Upholds and models the Mission, Vision and Values of YOU
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Access to reliable transportation
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet program needs
- Ability to build relationships, negotiate, persuade, manage conflict and work with diverse clients
- Knowledge of Middlesex County and specifically Strathroy’s labour market and community supports
Applications must be received no later than: 4:30pm on July 25th, 2017
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Nathan Wilcox
32 Front Street West, Strathroy, On
Applications should be received in word format or as a PDF.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. Youth Opportunities Unlimited is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.