Member Benefits for Nonprofits & Charities
Pillar’s e-newsletter, Getting Connected, is published bi-weekly on Mondays. We welcome your comments and contributions. Advertise at no additional cost:
- Fundraising events, job postings, training and information/resources specific to the work you do in the sector
Deadlines are Thursday at noon the week before publication. Please limit submissions to 30 words. Please send your article(s) to Katie. Publication is subject to space availability and timing of event. Events will only appear once. Pillar reserves the right to edit content due to space availability and relevance.
Do you need volunteers for your board of directors or committees? For help with an upcoming event? For help in providing services? To help in your office?
- Pillar’s website is a proven source for finding volunteers for our members and connecting the public to the work you do in community. Check out the opportunities on our website
- For assistance or to set up a personal tutorial by phone, contact Susannah
- We promote the listings on our website at volunteer events, presentations and fairs
Professional Development Member Discount
Enroll in skills and professional development programs at reduced rates. Participate in seminars, discussion forums and nonprofit leader breakfasts. Share and learn best practices for the nonprofit sector.
- Exciting professional development & networking opportunities are going on now. See them here
Is your organization organizing an event and you need to get the word out to the community?
- Pillar has a list of print, radio, event websites and television contacts. The list includes ethno-cultural print, broadcasting media and free websites for event postings. Login in as a member to access the database.
- Promote your fundraising event in our e-newsletter
- “Like” us on Facebook and post your fundraising event or information on our wall
- Post your events in our LinkedIn discussion group
- Pillar promotes member organizations on our website
Pillar Consulting & Advisory Services
- Take advantage of the 10% member discount on consulting services
- Pillar's knowledgeable staff can assist you with your nonprofit-related questions; our team has expertise in many areas - just ask!
- Contact us
Promote your nonprofit job opening
- Advertise your job posting for free in our e-newsletter
- Pillar maintains an email distribution list of job seekers
Forward your job postings here for inclusion in our e-newsletter and distribution to the list
Resources at your disposal
- Pillar’s e-newsletter delivers important news, funding opportunities, educational opportunities and links
- Comprehensive databases that include media contacts (and free web postings) and local nonprofit contact information
- Publications relevant to the nonprofit sector can be borrowed from our Nonprofit Library Network Community Collection
- Toolkits and resources will enhance the effectiveness of you, your board and your organization
- Executive Director Performance Appraisal
- Templates for boards of directors to use in the evaluation of executive directors are available for our members. Please contact Katie or phone 519-433-7876
- Governance Policies
- Pillar has completed a comprehensive Governance Policies Handbook for our organization. It includes policies on Board Process, Executive Limitations, and Board/Executive Director Relationship. This guide is offered to our members organizations at no cost. It is available to non-member nonprofits at a cost of $50.00. If you would like an electronic copy, please send your request to Katie or phone our office
- Executive Director Performance Appraisal
Social Enterprise for Sustainable Communities
Pillar's Social Enterprise Program helps organizations explore, prepare for and launch social enterprise initiatives.
- Learn more about the Social Enterprise for Sustainable Communities Project here.
- Contact Chris Moss, Social Enterprise Program Manager, here.
- Read Chris' blog here.
Be part of something bigger than yourself. Be part of our community! Check out our members
- Connect with local nonprofit organizations through our events
- Liaise with all levels of government on issues of importance to the nonprofit sector through Pillar
- Associate with nonprofits across Canada through Pillar’s memberships in the Canadian Federation of Voluntary Sector Networks and Imagine Canada
- Participate in focus groups, committees and surveys that address the issues affecting the nonprofit sector
- Recognize and share stories about the incredible work in the sector through the Pillar Community Innovation Awards
- Vote at general member meetings