All About Boards
Event Date: September 25, 2012
Energize your board and take your organization to the next level.
This series will give you the fundamentals for a high performing board, focused on strategy, innovation, diversity and accountability.
Learn what every director needs to know:
- The characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board
- Key financial accountabilities and responsibilities associated with the role of a director
- How to attract, recruit and retain the best board members
- Recognition of strategic opportunities and risks
- Best practices in governance in the nonprofit sector
Participants will receive:
- Complete all 4 sessions and receive a certificate of participation
- An opportunity to build a professional network of board contacts
- A professional development opportunity that can help build your resume
Download the program in PDF format here
Session 1: Board Basics, September 25, 2012, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Session 2: Financial Fitness, October 25, 2012, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Session 3: Build Your Best Board, November 20, 2012, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Session 4: Big Picture Thinking For Boards, December 6, 2012, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
For all 4 sessions:
Pillar members: $205
Member Group Discount (3 or more registrants): $184.50 per person
Non-member Group Discount (3 or more registrants): $238.50 per person
Sign up for all 4 sessions by August 31 and be entered into a draw to win a $500 VIA Rail travel voucher for use throughout Canada!
For individual sessions:
Pillar members: $65
Location: London Central Library, Stevenson & Hunt Room
The All About Boards Series is SOLD OUT
Please Note: There are a few spaces left in Session 3 and Session 4 of the All About Board Series.
Generously supported by:
Thank you to VIA: