Build Your Best Board
Event Date: November 20, 2012
This workshop is part of the series: All About Boards.
For details about the series, click here.
Great boards aren’t created overnight. The board-building process involves careful recruitment, focused orientation, ongoing training and a process for dealing with poorly performing directors.
At a time when people are busier and boards are under increasing scrutiny, it can be difficult to find and retain the right board members to lead your organization.
November 20, 2012
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
London Central Library
Stevenson & Hunt Room
In this workshop, Nathan Garber will help you plan a board development strategy.
- How to find and keep the best board members
- Serving a diverse community: the role of the board
- Where to find potential board members
- How to attract and recruit them to your board
- Planning and delivering board orientation and development programs
- How to keep board members engaged and build their commitment
- What to do about problematic board members and how to build your team
- What bylaws, policies, and practices do you need to support board building
Target Audience: Board Members, Executive Directors, and those interested in learning about volunteering as a board member
For this session only: Pillar members $65; Non-members $80
Please Note: There are only a few spaces left for this workshop.
About the facilitator:
Nathan Garber is a consultant and trainer specializing in governance and planning for nonprofit organizations. He brings to this work more than 40 years of experience in and with nonprofit organizations, including long service as both a board member and an executive director.
Generously supported by: