- AFP Code of Ethics
- Ethical standards and principles are the foundation for maintaining public trust, for every AFP member. AFP provides a self-governed process for addressing ethical concerns.
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
- Designed to present a setting in which organizations can discuss how their volunteers are engaged and supported. It provides a framework for organizations to start discussing the role that volunteers play in helping achieve their purpose or mission.
- Imagine Canada's Promising Practices Catalogue
- Showcases successful projects and initiatives that nonprofit and voluntary organizations have undertaken, offering the user practical examples of tried and tested solutions to real world problems that organizations have tackled.
- Ontario's Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
- Businesses in Ontario with at least one employee must offer accessible customer service by January 1, 2012. The customer service standard is simply about:
- Understanding that customers with disabilities may have different needs, and
- Finding the best way to help them access your goods and services.
- Ontario's New Violence & Harassment Standards - Bill 168
- All Ontario employers face a deadline to ensure that policies, procedures, and training for the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), and its amendments (Bill 168), are in place and completed by June 15, 2010. The legislation introduces a comprehensive approach to addressing violence and harassment in the workplace.
Express Employment Professionals has kindly offered to share (at no cost) two documents with the nonprofit community to help you meet your obligations under Bill 168.
Download Express Employment Professionals' FAQs page and Sample Violence & Harassment Policy that you can tailor for your own organization (items in red may be changed to suit your needs).