Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
We’re searching for forward-thinking and community-oriented individuals to join our volunteer Board of Directors. At our forthcoming AGM we will have openings for new Board members including Vice-President which is an Officer position. If you're a creative problem-solver, a big-picture thinker, and a culture lover we'd love to work with you. Help us ensure that London truly is a sustainable and unique city - let's build PastForward!
Board responsibilities include:
• Participation in monthly Board meetings (1st Monday of every month, summer excluded)
• Active involvement and support of ACO London’s events, projects & committees
• Championing ACO London & heritage conservation through community networking & advocacy
• Engagement in relevant continuing education opportunities (some funding available)
• Being an ambassador for ACO London
Skills/experience in any of these areas would be an asset:
• Governance / Policy
• Advocacy / Government relations
• Sponsorship / Fundraising
• Marketing / PR / Communications
• Event Planning
• Project Management
• Networking / Partnerships
Board terms are two years with the option to renew up to three consecutive terms (6 years). There is a commitment of approximately 8–10 hours per month, depending on the time of year. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to a minimum of one 2-year term and, if not already a member, join ACO London.
Architectural Conservancy Ontario - London Region (ACO London) is committed to conserving London area’s heritage architecture through advocacy and public awareness. We support and encourage architectural conservation through the creative reuse and repurposing of older buildings, the creation of Heritage Conservation Districts to protect our historic neighbourhoods, and the active retention and maintenance of London area’s unique history as embodied by its built heritage.
ACO London is a volunteer-based community organization founded over 50 years ago with the threatened destruction of London’s original financial buildings, the Ridout Street Complex, now a National Historic Site.
Additional Opportunity Information
- Board Member
- Committee Member