Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
If you're not familiar with us, check us out at www.neighbourhoodwatchlondon.ca. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Primarily we're looking for digital content marketers who would like to write SEO optimized articles and blog posts about the following topics and related areas:
- Crime Prevention
- Community Building
In addition we're also looking for team members who have skills in the following digital marketing niches:
- Social Media (Facebook & Twitter)
- Digital advertising through Google AdWords search
- Email marketing through Mailchimp
This opportunity is starting as early as June 2017 and finishing in December 2017 with an opportunity to continue volunteering. Start and end dates are flexible.
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for the aspiring digital marketing expert looking to gain hands on experience while also assisting an amazing cause. Successful volunteers will receive a letter of reference and a reference contact that can be used for all future resumes.
This volunteer program will be overseen by our Executive Director and President of the Board of Directors who will be able to train and assist volunteers with the platforms and tactics mentioned above.
Volunteer Role Description
This position will be remote with a flexible time commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per week.
Your duties may include:
- SEO optimized blog and article content writing
- Social media platform management
- Email campaign development
- Other Skills?
If there's something you think you could help out with, but don't see it listed here. Please don't hesitate to reach out and ask about it!
The Ideal Volunteer
The type of person who would be a great fit for this role would ideally possess the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Passionate and interested about our mission, community safety
- Able to work remotely
- Speaks fluent English and has very strong reading, writing and communication skills
- Independent research and learning skills
- Can work independently
- Previous digital marketing experience
How To Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Subject line "Join the NWL Team"
- Writing sample (if interested in writing content)
- Brief description of why you would be a good fit
- No cover letter needed
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Social Media