Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Are you passionate about seeing all people treated with respect and acceptance? Do you believe that everyone deserves to have their human, civil and legal rights supported and safeguarded?
If you’ve answered “yes” to those questions, we’d love to connect with you about an exciting opportunity to join Alice Saddy Association’s Rights Review Committee. We’re looking for volunteers who are as committed as we are to seeing people envision and live their “best life!”
About Alice Saddy Association:
Since 1973, the Alice Saddy Association has provided support to people who have an intellectual disability to achieve the life that they choose in their community. We also encourage community members to understand the needs of people with disabilities and their need for inclusion and belonging in all aspects of community life.
Alice Saddy Association envisions a community that welcomes every person equally with respect and acceptance.
Alice Saddy Association:
- Actively supports and encourages people who have an intellectual disability to achieve the life that they choose in their community.
- Actively supports community members to understand the needs of people with disabilities and their need for inclusion and belonging in all aspects of community life.
- Actively encourages people supported, employees and volunteers to discover their gifts and interests.
- Actively facilitates connections between people and their family and community members by recognizing and fostering relationships.
- Individuality - We listen to the wishes and choices of people supported understanding that we all learn and grow differently.
- Autonomy - We encourage people to define and choose what makes the ‘good life’ that they want to pursue.
- Safety -We listen to people supported, family members, community members, volunteers and employees to ensure that the risks associated with community participation are balanced with the benefits of inclusion.
- Community - We seek out and discover opportunities within our community to help people we support to build relationships.
- Inclusion - We find ways to engage people we support, families, volunteers, employees and community members in learning opportunities that will help in understanding the Vision and Mission of the Association.
- Respect - We support employees and volunteers to grow and we work to create a respectful and healthy work environment.
The Rights Review Committee has been established by Alice Saddy Association to safeguard the human, civil, and legal rights of all people who receive service in accordance with the appropriate federal and provincial laws, and policies as set out by Alice Saddy Association. Where rights have been restricted or proposed to be restricted, the Committee will review rights restriction applications and accompanying support plans that have been designed to ease the impact of the restriction over time if deemed appropriate. The Committee will review the use of restrictive or intrusive interventions that are part of a comprehensive behaviour support plan.
To the extent possible, selection of the committee members will take into account: life experiences, academic backgrounds, general interest and family involvement. Consideration to be given to persons with the medical, legal, clergy, clinical or social service background.
A time commitment on average of 1-2 hours, 4 times a year is required.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a detailed letter of interest:
Mailing Address: 111 Waterloo Street, Suite 401
London, ON N6B 2M4
- Committee Member