Advocacy and Awareness
Increase awareness and advocacy of the nonprofit sector as well as celebrate nonprofit sector success, organizational excellence and individual achievement.
Pillar Community Innovation Awards
Held annually, the Pillar Community Innovation Awards celebrate the ways in which innovation, leadership and contribution in the nonprofit and charitable sector have made our community better
- Any London and area nonprofit, public or private sector organization or individual can be nominated for work related to the nonprofit sector
- Awards are presented at a ceremony each November
- 2011 Pillar Community Innovation Awards
Community Connections on Rogers TV
Community Connections showcases the nonprofits, volunteers and fundraisers that make London a better place to live, work and play.
- Join hosts Michelle Baldwin, Executive Director of Pillar, and Chantelle Diachina, Client Relations Manager at rtraction, for this 13-part, half-hour series that shines a light on the volunteers and nonprofit or charitable organizations whose work significantly impacts our community.
- This series may inspire you to get involved as volunteers, donors and supporters of the over 1,000 nonprofits and charities in London.
Mayor's Featured Community Organization
Pillar coordinates this City of London program honouring and telling the stories of our nonprofits and charities
- Program highlights a nonprofit or charity at the beginning of each council meeting throughout the year
Liaise with all levels of government about issues of importance to our sector
- Municipal All Candidates Meetings
- Community consultations and feedback to levels of government
- Input on upcoming provincial and federal legislation and changes
Member and partner of Imagine Canada
Member of Ontario Volunteer Centre Network
Member of Volunteer Canada